Sunday, August 30, 2009

Game Night!

Saturday night Mr. K and I went to visit our dear friends the W's at their new apartment (which, BTW, is quite charming). I prepared this ridiculously easy Black Raspberry Cream Pie for dessert. I found the recipe while perusing the Hostess with the Mostess blog which redirected me to BHG. Here I am posing proudly with my creation.

I improvised a little bit and used the fat free cream cheese instead of the regular, fatty kind. I have to admit, I was kind of surprised it turned out purple not pink. Luckily purple is Mrs. W's favorite color. Here is the link to the recipe in case you'd like to try it also.



And the update on Game Night, I was second to lose at Monopoly behind Mr. W, who apparently is even worse at managing money than I am. Shame on Mrs. W for owning BOTH the Boardwalk and Park Place ... and then putting houses on them! No one can survive paying $2,000 rent in Monopoly money! After both Mr. V and Miss R were knocked out, it came down to Mrs. W and my husband. The game lasted 3 hours and eventually Mr. K conceded!
I think we need a rematch in a few weeks - Cranium. The ladies versus the gents!

No comments:

Post a Comment