Monday, August 31, 2009

Marriage Advice

I'd say, in general, I'm a big fan of learning things the hard way and not normally one to take advice. However, last night I received a brilliant piece of marriage advice from my cousin-in-law, also Mrs. K, which I decided to test.

Here's a little background on the situation: our laundry machines are in the basement and I am terrified of falling down the stairs while carrying laundry, since I have a history of falling downstairs and falling in general. This being the case, I always ask my darling husband to carry the laundry up and down the stairs for me. Sometimes this takes several tries before he actually does it. Sometimes I even give up and do it myself.

Mrs. K's advice was to put the laundry basket right in the middle of the doorway so he trips on it. Then he will carry it downstairs.

Since the laundry had already been done and was ready to go back upstairs, I put the basket right in the middle of the lowest landing on the stairs. Instead of tripping on it or stepping over it, my husband picked it up and carried it upstairs ... without even being asked!

Brilliant!

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps I should start a blog on "tips & tricks on training your man with simple household chores" LOL! So glad you were quick to try my advice and even happier it worked for you! Love your blog...cute, funny & sassy! Xoxo -"The Other Mrs. K"

    ReplyDelete