Tuesday, April 19, 2011

J. Crew

So I just realized that from my Lynne Hiriak post of a few weeks ago I made a remark about grey vests but didn't elaborate any further. Two weeks ago I got a *bit* carried away and ended up spending a small fortune at j.crew. I must admit, this spree was totally warranted.

I bought this military inspired tunic in the green color. I just need to get white ankle peg jeans. They will be a great addition to my wardrobe.
A plaid pop over style shirt. I actually wore this with dark denim ankle peg jeans from Kut from the Kloth (purchased last year at Nordstrom), a gold belt, tan TB flats and my ivory North Face vest. I looked slightly lumberjack but it was cute for a hockey game.


Sale item! This color block empire waist top. When it arrived, I was sorely disappointed. The bottom color is not so much a coral color as it is rust colored. This went back.


Now we get to the meat of it - the grey vest! This is a cascading vest that actually has a gold zipper down either side. It looks silly zipped but I wore it with black straight leg pants, a white Ralph Lauren oxford button down, TB pumps and belted it with a skinny gold belt. The vest is from the j.crew weekend collection but I rocked it at work anyhow!




I also purchased this wool dress in navy thinking that the wool would be much more wrinkle resistant than the cotton version. I was mistaken. This looked so pretty on but wrinkled terribly. It was aso a magnet for fuzz off the ivory cardigan I paired with it.












No comments:

Post a Comment