Monday, May 16, 2011

Success: Cupcake-Stuffed Strawberries from 1 Fine Cookie

I have learned over time it's important to have idols in life. For instance, I have wardrobe idols. They would be Emma Pillsbury or Charlotte York; both classic and ladylike. After reading a recent issue of In Style magazine, my home decor idol is Tory Burch. Did you SEE her UES penthouse pad? I could never pull it off but it was sheerly amazing. I also have a newfound domestic idol named Jasmin. I see Jasmin every now and then and usually at parties. She always prepares elaborate dishes that everyone raves (and obsesses) over. Several weeks back she launched her blog which I admit to stalking for inspiration! (http://www.1finecookie.com)At a superbowl party a few years back, Jasmin prepared cupcake stuffed strawberries which stuck around for approximately five minutes before being completely devoured. Luckily, the recipe has been shared on her blog!

http://www.1finecookie.com/2011/05/cupcake-stuffed-strawberries-make-them-for-your-mom-make-them-for-a-party-or-make-them-for-national-strawberry-month/
This weekend I had an occasion to prepare such an elaborate dessert - my brother's and sister-in-law's birthdays!

Following the directions, I baked the cake and mixed in some frosting and coated my strawberries:


When they were pretty well chilled, I dipped in chocolate. Drooling yet?
Meanwhile, my loyal supervisor slept right near me.




Lastly, I drizzled some white chocolate on top. I had TONS of left over cake mixture since I only bought one carton of strawberries (doh!) so I used the remaining mixture and made little cake balls. I definitely need some decorating tips/classes but everything tasted absolutely amazing! My mom even commented that it was the best chocolate covered strawberry she'd ever had! Watch out, Godiva!













1 comment: