Friday, January 7, 2011

PSA: OPI Gel Manicure

My bestie, a manicure aficionado, will most appreciate today's public service announcement. I haven't been regular about getting manicures since I moved out to the 'burbs and bought a house. With all the cleaning, laundry, and dog walking I do, it didn't make sense to spend an hour a week in the salon just so I'd have an excuse not to do all my chores. The day before Christmas Eve, I decided to try something new. Well, new to me anyhow. The salon by my house offers an OPI Gel Manicure which is advertised to last up to 2 weeks. Several colors are available, I'd estimate around 40 or so but either way, it's a ton more colors than are offered by the Shellac Manicure. So I tried it and can't rave about it enough! For $35, the manicure was done and DRY in under 45 minutes - no waiting around under the dryer, no risk of smudging after you leave the salon. They even had my go-to color, Bubble Bath. The OPI Gel Manicure didn't last a full 2 weeks but did make it about 10 days. It also didn't damage my nails at all which was a huge concern of mine. Last Sunday I went to get it done again (in Bubble Bath of course) and this is how it looked 5 days later on Thursday night. Well worth the money and I'd highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment