Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Busy Weekend!

This past weekend was insanely busy! Friday night Mr. K and I relaxed at home. I think we actually fell asleep watching "Dog Whisperer" around 8:30. Saturday I had a dentist appointment in the morning, took Piper to get a mani/pedi after that, then headed up to Naomi Martinez's studio for a make up application lesson at 1:30! (Before & after pictures coming soon!) The lesson was awesome. I learned a ton - everything from how to properly apply primer, pressed powder foundation and concealer, to the smokey eye technique! It was awesome having my make up done for my big night out at the Mariah Carey concert! I was shocked how wonderful she sounds in person. She performed for almost 2 hours during which she had about 4 wardrobe changes. For what it's worth, she really CAN hit those high notes in "Emotions". Super impressed!

Sunday I finally went to see Miss R's new Manhattan apartment. It is so perfect for her! Another Miss R and Mrs. W also joined us and the 4 of us enjoyed lunch at 40 Carrots. The Miss R's have been talking about this restaurant for years and I finally got to go! It was fantastic. I had the "bunched lunch" with Carrot Soup, 1/2 Chicken Salad Sandwich and Frozen Yogurt for dessert. Way too much food, but deee-lish.

No comments:

Post a Comment