Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Easy Peasy Weeknight Dinner Recipe

Months ago a friend emailed me a recipe for Rosemary Bell Peppers with Chicken which I finally tried around Thanksgiving time. This recipe is so tasty and easy it has become part of our weeknight menu!

Here's what you'll need:
  1. Chicken breasts (I use the tenderloins, less cutting)
  2. 2 bell peppers (I prefer yellow, orange or red)
  3. 1 sweet onion
  4. Fresh rosemary
  5. 1/4 c. lemon juice (I use the bottled)
  6. 2 tbsp. olive oil

Start but cutting chicken into 1 inch cubes. Cook in 1 tbsp. olive oil in a frying pan for about 5 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside in bowl and cover (I usually put it in the oven).

Cut peppers & onion into strips and sautee in remaining 1 tbsp. of olive oil in the same pan the as the chicken. When the veggies are wilted to your liking, add the chicken back in. Pour in 1/4 c. lemon juice and 1-2 tbsp. of minced fresh rosemary. Allow everything to simmer together for a few minutes.

Serve over pasta or rice or even on its own! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment