Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Meatloaf Recipe

This early fall weather not only gets me ready to wear skinny jeans, cozy sweaters and Ugg boots but also makes me crave comfort food! Here is my favorite meatloaf recipe for which I cannot take credit. Credit should go to Mrs. R of Tampa, Florida.

Ingredients:
  • 1.5 lb. ground round
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 cup flavored breadcrumbs (I use Italian)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 can tomato sauce
  • 2 tbsp. mustard (I use Grey Poupon)
  • 2 tbsp. sugar
  • 1 tbsp. vinegar

In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the meat, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and 1/2 the can of tomato sauce. Form into loaf (I use Pyrex loaf pan because it's easier to clean). Mix the other 1/2 can of tomato sauce with the mustard, sugar and vinegar with 1/2 can of water. Stir together and pour over loaf.

Bake for 75 minutes at 350 uncovered.

Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment